The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everything's blue, graphics help please!
Damian Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months, 1 Week ago Everything's blue, graphics help please!

So I poked around in some of the help stuff but I haven't found anything mentioning this.

I'm on a Mac, OSX, previously a PC user so this is a bit new to me.

Bought the game off Steam and installed it there.

The game play is fine, everything's working great and I haven't had any errors, but my coloration is all wonky and I have no idea how to fix it. There seems to be some super blue spectrum dominance going on here. For instance, blood splashes when Daniel is injured are purple, candles and lantern emit blue light, the fleshy stuff that's growing everywhere is blue, rose petals are blue, and so on, so the game is much, much darker than any of the trailers or game play videos that I'm seeing. The light streaming in through the windows is yellowish though so I'm guessing that's fine?

On one hand, it's really cool ambiance, but on the other hand it's kind of irritating and I'd like to be able to see some junk when I've got the lantern out or have expended a tinderbox.

I looked at the game's graphics settings and I didn't see anything obvious that might affect why everything is so blue in my game. Anyone run into this before, or know of something to do about it? If it turns out that this is one of those games where 'the beginning is just like that' then I'll deal with it, but I'm hoping not. (For reference here, I've never played this game before, and have just gotten down the elevator.)

Thanks Smile

Also, this may or may not have any bearing on anyone's reply, but I noticed in watching the game's beginning on youtube.com that items picked up have a blue aura when your mouse touches them, whereas in my game they have a red aura, like there's a total color swap happening.
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2013, 11:13 AM by Damian.)
01-07-2013, 11:09 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Everything's blue, graphics help please! - by Damian - 01-07-2013, 11:09 AM