The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Script Language Reference and Guide
TheGreatCthulhu Offline

Threads: 10
Script Language Reference and Guide

This is for the people who want to learn how to script, and want to learn the rules of the scripting language itself.

Those of you who just want to get things done and don't care much about scripting as long as your maps don't crash, won't find this too interesting, but, then again, you never know... Big Grin

OK, what's been mostly missing from the wiki are articles on the features and the rules of the scripting language used by Amnesia (known as Angel Script) - people have mostly gathered information from various sources, and through trial and error.

I thought it would be nice to have all of this information in one place, so I've been writing the Script Language Reference and Guide for quite some time now. It's not finished yet, but it already covers everything most people will ever need - so I decided to announce it here.

I also intend to add one (or, more likely) several downloadable sandbox maps, along with some exercises to help you learn, but don't expect those too soon.

So, here's a proper announcement:

Also, there's a section of this guide that should be interesting to anyone who ever wondered where to put some peace of code they wrote themselves, or some code snippet someone provided them with:

I'd appreciate feedback, and comments on how the guide could be improved. If something is unclear, by all means point it out. Also report any errors you might spot.

Enjoy.
01-14-2013, 10:01 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Script Language Reference and Guide - by TheGreatCthulhu - 01-14-2013, 10:01 PM