Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Great concepts but many loose ends.
daortir Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Great concepts but many loose ends.

I see what you mean. TDD's endings weren't fully satisfying to me either.

Maybe (not an expert at all) it comes from the fact that all the answers to our interrogations are here way before we face Alexander ? And that the ending is basically what we could have expected ?

I mean, what made some game's endings amazing is also that they really surprise us. Don't think many people saw Bioshock Infinite ending coming. Well we guessed what it'd be about, but it really was a shock (get it) at some points, at least for me.

Same thing with the original Half-Life. The ending was great because it was really unexpected and because it brought new elements.

In TDD, I just felt like the endings happen as planned, and they don't learn us much. They are not bad at all in my opinion, I was pretty satisfied when I picked the Daniel ending for the first time, but after the incredible experience of surprising events and terrifying confrontations that Amnesia was, maybe I expected a bit more.

The Agrippa ending is a bit more unexpected, but since it didn't bring any new element to the story I felt kind of "meh" as well.

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2014, 09:13 PM by daortir.)
02-20-2014, 09:13 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Great concepts but many loose ends. - by WALP - 02-17-2014, 02:13 AM
RE: Great concepts but many loose ends. - by daortir - 02-20-2014, 09:13 PM