The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Model Editor Help Custom door - sounds not working as they should
GrimReaper Offline

Threads: 1
Custom door - sounds not working as they should

Hello, I just recently started fiddling around with Amnesia's level editor and the model editor. Now I have a few problems with the model editor and a selfmade door entity...

I tried searching the net and the forums but didn't get any answers. So I just registered this forum in hope you could solve my problems or at least help me doing so! Big Grin

Two days ago I just had the idea to build a swingable door from the originally static door entity "castle_gate_arched01" - if possible.

So I looked at already exiting door entities from the original Amnesia to see what changes would be necessary.

Based on my observations I performed the following changes:

1. opened the file "castle_gate_arched01.ent" and saved it under another name
  2. created two new cylindric bodies inside the mesh's faked hinges to use them as pivots
  3. added two hinge-joints and moved them to their correct places on the pivots
  4. turned the hinges to make sure both sides open in the correct direction (one hinge is therefore upside down)
  5. set the type of the entity to SwingDoor
  6. attached the new bodies of the hinges to the joints (as parents) so that they remain static
  7. attached the bodies of the door sides to the joints (as children) so that they pivot around the hinge-bodies
  8. scaled the width and height of the door's bodies down a litte bit so that they won't collide with each other and the floor while opening or closing the door
  9. took the same body values for mass, dampening, moving speed and collision as in the mansion door entity
  10. set the joints' angles to min. 0.1 and max. 90 degrees (same as in mansion door)
  11. set the joints' moving sound to linear and the sound file to "joint_door_move_special.snt"
  12. opened up the user defined variables and chose "close_door.snt" for CloseOnSound, "open_door.snt" for CloseOffSound and "lock_door.snt" for InteractLockedSound

That actually got the door to work - but only with some problems I don't know how to fix.

The problems are:
  • the door can be opened and closed simply by walking right through or against it allthough I set "Collide character" to true and "Pushed by player gravity" to false
  • allthough having set them the sounds for opening and closing the door (open_door.snt and close_door.snt) don't play, that means there is no sound when clicking and unclicking the door ingame (but the moving sound works)
  • both sides of the door won't snap to the minimal angle like e.g. the mansion door does

All in all the door now behaves like the "elevator_door" entity and I can't figure out why. I would rather like the door to behave like the mansion door or the metal door entities.

Opening the door's .ent-file in Notepad++ shows every set value in its correct place.

What has to be changed to get this done? Or are there technical limits to the editor/enginge/whatever preventing this?

Like I said, I hope you can help me.

GrimReaper
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2013, 11:06 PM by GrimReaper.)
01-24-2013, 11:03 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Custom door - sounds not working as they should - by GrimReaper - 01-24-2013, 11:03 PM