Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Hypothetical - Multiplayer Horror
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Hypothetical - Multiplayer Horror

I am not sold on the idea of Multiplayer appearing alongside of single player being a valid element of any genre outside of Purely Multiplayer only titles such as team fortress or World Of Warcraft, personally, let alone horror (a genre that is supposed to be purely SP), perhaps its my age, but i see mutiplayers addition alongside SP, regardless of what game or genre (outside of MMO) it is in, as a pure gimmick, designed primarily to appeal to skype heads who want to do nothing more than act like douchebags and or smack the crap out of each other, but in an environment that wont lead to them being arrested for those actions. To me a Multiplayer mode outside of a Multiplayer only game is a waste of time and budget that should be spent on a longer, more immersive, higher quality single player experience. it has no place in any non MMO gaming genre as far as i am concernd, let alone horror, were the whole idea is, you play the game alone, in the dark, on MAXIMUM volume in an attempt to scare yourself into cardiac arrest. A Multiplayer Mode in an SP title is, was, and always will be a waste of development time and budget in my opinion, an unessasary gimmick,and a waste of Money for the person who buys the game and never uses the multiplayer for whatever reason. it has no place in non MMO gaming, in any genre, let alone horror, and for me, the sooner it looses popularity, the better. To me, you either make a game Purely MP (like team fortress 2) or Purely Sp, and to me, the ratio should be at least ten purely Sp games to one purely MP game, you dont mix the two, as both suffer from lack of effort, time and budget if you do.

"Multiplayer? Don't make Me Laugh" Ben "Yahtzee" Crosshaw.
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2013, 09:08 PM by the dark side.)
01-31-2013, 08:52 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hypothetical - Multiplayer Horror - by Acies - 01-28-2013, 08:53 PM
RE: Hypothetical - Multiplayer Horror - by Ghieri - 01-29-2013, 01:27 AM
RE: Hypothetical - Multiplayer Horror - by Apjjm - 01-31-2013, 02:45 AM
RE: Hypothetical - Multiplayer Horror - by Zaffre - 01-31-2013, 07:59 PM
RE: Hypothetical - Multiplayer Horror - by the dark side - 01-31-2013, 08:52 PM
RE: Hypothetical - Multiplayer Horror - by Ghieri - 01-31-2013, 11:59 PM
RE: Hypothetical - Multiplayer Horror - by Apjjm - 02-01-2013, 02:04 AM