Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Do you want the hunter
Petike Offline

Threads: 35
RE: Do you want the hunter

jamhaw Wrote:You know I never thought about it before but a prequel actually does make sense.

I just thought about a brutally great idea ! I guess Jens and Thomas really can't make any true video cutscenes for the HPL engine, because it wouldn't support them well. But here's a solution on how to make a "first contact" scene between the researchers and the virus possible, if you want Requiem to be a semi-prequel :

An intro movie with static illustrations and voiceover, just like in all previous Penumbras. But this time, it would not be a direct narration by Philip, but like a normal teleplay scene with the researcher characters shown (e.g. Amabel, Howard, Spider-hater and Countin-numbers-maniac and other scientist fellas from the game's story + maybe the mysterious leader of the Archaic himself). It would show, how they let the virus loose for the first time, etc. The consequences. Then a blackout. Some horrible sounds. Then "BOOM", lets jump a few weeks into the future, the base is destroyed, desolate, teeming with those mutated human or animal critters (Greyzombies, Hunters, Wolf-doggies, Spiders) and then black again... And Philip starts his final narration of the intro (while the screen is completely black). The intro, that we saw, was some older videofootage he managed to view in the Shelter's computer archive (saved footage from security cameras or something like that). From that point on, the story will continue where it lef off in Black Plague - but now, Philip has lost all technical options to contact the outer world... And begins to explore the base... guided by the voice of the Hive mind... (I wish they showed the Hiveminds original lair, or the thing which brought it to Earth "through the gulf of space", as H. G. Wells would say...) And as Philip explores the place once again, he questions his sanity more than ever before. Because he is now fully caught in the middle between reality and dream/nightmare. And his journey starts to roll towards it's ultimate climax...

I have a suggestion for the end of Requiem too, but I'll rather just keep it for my own imagination. :-)

Anyway, who knows, what will Jens and Thomas put into Requiem's storyline... Lets leave it to them...

"You... silly Billy !" (Clarence, Penumbra : Black Plague)
06-26-2008, 03:39 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Do you want the hunter - by jamhaw - 04-29-2008, 11:30 PM