Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Post, Model Editor question PLEASE HELP
vengey Offline

Threads: 7
RE: First Post, Model Editor question PLEASE HELP

(02-25-2013, 06:01 AM)NaxEla Wrote: 1. Import the mesh into the model editor
2. Add a body
3. Got to Settings > User Defined Variables
4. Change the type to Item, and the SubType to Puzzle.
5. Put something for SubItemTypeName, and make sure that it is using an Image File.
6. Put it in your map, and use it in game

Smile

Well you see, I did all of that, but it still won't work, plus I am trying to make this be an oilPotion entity so I used the subtype to OilPotion. See I am planning on replacing the oil with handgun ammo for my upcoming full conversion mod, and yes I know some code that will allow a handgun in amnesia, but the only issue is the player cannot pick up the OIL, or in this case HANDGUN AMMO. I have a picture, and a subitem name and a 60x60 TGA image applied to it, but the item still won't pick up, should I submit some screenshots so you can get a better idea of what is going on?

(02-25-2013, 06:01 AM)NaxEla Wrote: 1. Import the mesh into the model editor
2. Add a body
3. Got to Settings > User Defined Variables
4. Change the type to Item, and the SubType to Puzzle.
5. Put something for SubItemTypeName, and make sure that it is using an Image File.
6. Put it in your map, and use it in game

Smile

OH CRAP I JUST REALIZED SOMETHING! YOU COMMENTED ON THE SAME STATUS I LOOKED AT EARLIER TO SEE IF THERE WAS A WAY TO FIX THIS!He was having the same issue, but I never found a solution because you just 3D Modeled the item for him! Im having the same exact issue as this guy: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...age-2.html was having where the item just would not pick up for the life of him! See he only wanted one item, but difference is that I need to do this process a whole ton of times since there will be so many custom pickups to match Resident Evil 2. I am glad I wasn't the only one, I personally am clueless because I am doing just about everything right, but am having the same problem as that guy.

Okay I am going to post a link to my 3d model and .ent file, I simply have no idea what is wrong, and yes the model is oversized, but when it is scaled down to .07x.05x.03 it looks perfect
http://www.mediafire.com/?ubw3k9tg0yjlx2r
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2013, 06:35 AM by vengey.)
02-25-2013, 06:27 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Post, Model Editor question PLEASE HELP - by vengey - 02-25-2013, 06:27 AM