Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Dissertation work with Amnesia: The Dark Decent
Tommyboypsp Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Dissertation work with Amnesia: The Dark Decent

When first faced with a Gatherer, what distinctive feature scares you the most about it?
Well, what scares me the most is the fact that I don't feel safe.
But if you mean in the way it looks, it's the unhuman posture. Even if you only see his shadow, you know it's not human because of the way it walks and stands.

Out of the two monsters in the game, which scares you the most and give a detailed description why?
The grunt (gatherer), probably because it looks like something that once was a human. I think in the end, all extremes are human. The scariest, the most beautiful, the funniest etc. things will always be something that subconsciously remind you of yourself, me thinks.
The Kaernk definitely isn't human, so it's more like escaping a shark. Human like monsters are just scarier imo(this is why I think a lot of horror stories include zombies, vampires, psychopaths etc.).

As you played the demo, did you ever consider turning the game off? If so why?Well I never played the demo, but in the first few levels I did, yeah. I was just too scared. I was more scared than later in the game, because I didn't know yet what was going to happen. I didn't know what the game would be like, if there would be monsters or jumpscares around every corner, or if there would only be a few.

How does the general environment make you feel?
I love it. Amnesia is definitely my favourite game, because you really get into it. AFK'ing would ruin your experience and it's just so much fun to just feel like you're the character that you are playing. The gameplay really helps, too.

Do you find yourself throwing objects when the gatherer is chasing you? If so, why do you do this?To try to slow him down, of course! Haha. But I only do this when an object is within reach and picking it up doesn't slow me down. So if I can just grab and throw it right away, I might. But I usually don't, since it never really helps.

Explain one part in the demo that scared you the most?
Assuming the demo is the first few levels, it's either the part in the Main Hall where you walk up the stairs and you hear the woman yelling, or the part in the second level (forgot the name) where you go around the first corner and a door opens and all torches go out.

Would you consider buying the full game to play in your own time? If not, why?Yes, it's awesome. I didn't buy it, I play it on my sis' Steam account, hehe. But I would definitely buy it again.

If you could make this game play a lot easier for yourself, what would you add/change?Just hide from all monsters and wait until they despawn is easier than what I do, just keep going when there's a monster.
Or you could just use the level editor, play without sound, with lights on etc. But why would you want to make it easier?
I would like it to be harder. I love it when a custom story has monsters that don't have background music.

Funderbunk Wrote:Playing Amnesia through to the end has increased the size of my genitalia exponentially and made me into a real man.
03-23-2013, 02:14 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dissertation work with Amnesia: The Dark Decent - by Tommyboypsp - 03-23-2013, 02:14 PM