Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.Lang File Help Custom Messages Don't Show Up
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41
RE: Custom Messages Don't Show Up

(03-22-2013, 01:12 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Well she hasn't confirmed this being a custom story or a full conversion. If it is a full conversion, then at least the <RESOURCES /> addition will help.

But, if deleting the cache file does not help, run it one more time until the entries should appear and check the HPL.log. I'm pretty sure the lang errors are printed there.

Sorry my replay took so long ^^" I was on a trip.

Anyways, it's a custom story, not a FC but I added it anyways, renamed the map and hps files in case there was a virtual storage copy or a cache somewhere, made sure the file was actually in the right place, and checked the hpl.log like you said. After all that, this is what I managed to come up with:

WARNING: Could not find language file category 'Messages'
WARNING: Could not find language file entry 'ItemName_ScienceKey'

I double and triple checked the spelling/capitalization but it's all correct. I'm really sorry for being such a pest; I can imagine you're tired of answering the same questions over and over and I wish I could figure it out for myself without having to consult the forum every time I slammed face-first into a major(ish) scripting error. That being said, thank you so much for helping me thus far. Believe it or not, I've actually managed to learn something from all of this and (I think) my questions are getting gradually less nooblette-y. So, um, you guys are wonderful and I certainly could not be doing any of this without all of you Smile

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
03-31-2013, 12:48 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Custom Messages Don't Show Up - by 7heDubz - 03-21-2013, 09:26 AM
RE: Custom Messages Don't Show Up - by CarnivorousJelly - 03-31-2013, 12:48 AM