Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Would Like to Hear Your Opinions on a Pending Gameplay Mechanic
TheIcyPickle Offline

Threads: 16
RE: I Would Like to Hear Your Opinions on a Pending Gameplay Mechanic

Moronic, since it'd spawn every 5 minutes I assume every time, which if previous isn't removed (which could mean it could disappear infront of player) another would spawn making 2.. so on. Of course there are ways around that. Also, it'd be predictable. It wouldn't be random that way.

Random Intergers are seriously amazing, they can make a map seem random, allow for replayability etc, if you want "random" encounters play around with them, and see what you can do.
[/quote]

Ah, thank you. I forgot to mention I would be using the "AddLocalVarInt" and "GetLocalVarInt" methods to limit it to 2 or 3 monsters. So, don't think there would be eventually 50 monsters in the area. That would be downright stupid and nonsensical. My monsters of course would follow a path and be set to non-active after a while. (Picture the tension in TDD in the Prison area.)

However, the idea, although not "random" as it would happen every "X" amount of time, would most likely seem random to the player no? It could happen at any point in the map as oppose to at "Script Box 1."

Alas, I am intrigued by the random integer idea you brought up. Is that something in the engine script? I don't really see anything from a quick look about "Random Integers."

I know what you mean though. Using a loop to add random values of "X" to either the time or VarInt or something like that. (At least that's what I'm guessing)

Thank you for replying too! Feedback from the community is always the best.
03-28-2013, 01:30 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread