Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

*SPOILER* the ending of ep2 - fairly disappointed
Petike Offline

Threads: 35
RE: *SPOILER* the ending of ep2 - fairly disappointed

I personally was satisfied with the ending of BP.
It made sense, when I remembered all the events, notes and bizzare places I stumbled upon in Overture and put them together with the new findings from the second episode - most of the story's loose ends tied up logically and quickly. But yeah, the ending came quite abruptly and felt a little rushed...
The only thing that dissapointed me, is the absence of a climax in the Hive's lair - I was expecting, that I will enter an ancient ice cave of some sort and find an old meteoritic rock or spacecraft burried under the glaciers of Greenland for a few million years (heck, like in Smilla's Sense of Snow or the X-Files ! :-) )... And that only then will the Hive beg me to do, what I must (tell the world about the secret base and seal or destroy it forever)...

I really don't understand those players, who complained, that Black Plague had a sudden sci-fi twist. If they would read the notes more closely and put the encounters with the mutated animals from Overture together, they would realise, that this is not your typical "run-of-the-mill-sorry-excuse-for-a-silent-hill-rip-off" type of game. When I finally reached the office room in the first mine, read the old notes from WWII and then tried the mysterious artefact mentioned in it, I was sure, that this is going to be some sort of "ancient alien visit" type of story... :-P :-) Because I am an old sci-fi maniac, the sentient virus, mutated researchers and the whole thing about the ending didn't feel overly surprising to me. But it was a wonderfully told tale. :-)

I'll miss Philip and the rest of the fictious bunch, though... :-(

"You... silly Billy !" (Clarence, Penumbra : Black Plague)
06-07-2008, 11:58 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread