Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

My thoughts on Black Plague vs. Overture
Petike Offline

Threads: 35
RE: My thoughts on Black Plague vs. Overture

Penumbra Wrote:Both games were really good, but for some reason after finishing Black Plague, I kept wishing it was more like Overture. So, I did a little analizing to see what parts I liked about each.

Now, I also noticed there was a difference in the way things scarred me. Overture would get me scarred and tense with the music and then I'd manage to hold my breath and make it past a monster to a 'safe place' that made me feel calm. Right when I felt safe, BANG, something charges at me or breaks down my barricaid or breaks through a hole in the celing. So, instead of trying to creep you out with blood and grose looking things, Overture gave you 'shocks' that would make you jump.

Now, Black Plague used a different method of scarring us. There was discusting looking monsters, corpse's, and other 'creepy' things. There was never really a 'safe place' that made you feel safe when you actually weren't. Every where you went you knew that there was going to be another zombie. I just feel that there's a difference between 'scarry' and 'creepy'. Overture focused more on scarry and Black Plagues did more creepy than scarry.

Nicely described. :-)

"You... silly Billy !" (Clarence, Penumbra : Black Plague)
06-08-2008, 12:06 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread