Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Were you afraid when you played Amnesia?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, the game freaked me out lots of times!
66.67%
2 66.67%
No, just a few times but it wasnt really much.
33.33%
1 33.33%
I would be more afraid of my little ponies then this.
0%
0 0%
Yes, it gave me nightmares, I never played such a scary game!
0%
0 0%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Maya crashes when exporting things with OpenCOLLADA
Erik The Born Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Maya crashes when exporting things with OpenCOLLADA

(04-15-2013, 02:26 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote:
Quote: It looks like I cant see certain parts of my model. If I look on it from the right, I can see right through the first wall, but when looking from the left side, it appears as the left side is gone. I can see through my models outer walls why? How can I fix it?
That has to do with the polygon's normals. In Maya a polygon is visible from both sides by default, but this is actually just a special viewport feature Maya uses for your convenience. Usually, a polygon has only one visible side and is invisible when viewed from behind. (Unless it has a special two-sided shader - but hpl doesn't have that feature anyway, afaik. Wink )

So what you do is, you activate "backface culling" in the shading tab, right above Mayas viewport. Now you can see your model correctly, the way it will appear in hpl. If a polygon is visible from the wrong side, use the options under the "normals" - tab to fix that.

Also make sure your model is triangulated before you export, otherwise you'll get weird artifacts, too.

I dont get it. I have triangulated on export options. In maya the model looks fine and the outer walls dont get invisible but in hpl it does. I just wonder how I make the invisible walls thing go off in hpl. I do have tga files for my models. Is it because I dont have those files included? If not ignore that and if you know how to make the objects not have invisible walls and stuffs please tell me.
04-15-2013, 03:37 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Maya crashes when exporting things with OpenCOLLADA - by Erik The Born - 04-15-2013, 03:37 PM