Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making Hammer and Chipper break open door?
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: Making Hammer and Chipper break open door?

(04-21-2013, 03:40 PM)serbusfish Wrote:
(04-21-2013, 03:20 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: The script that I gave you said that "hammer_chipper" was the item. Yet in the Inventory.hps, it clearly states that it's "stone_hammer_chipper". You have the incorrect name for the item.

Ah I see, schoolboy error on my part. Im very new to scripting, I used a tutorial to make that script and presumed 'hammer_chipper' was the final product.

Anyway now it works, and im sorry to be a pain but it doesnt play an animation, it simply breaks a hole in the door and unlocks it. Then once I had walked through the door my game started lagging immensely which led to me ctrl alt del to exit it. I noticed the hammer and chipper was still in my inventory too.

Im probably wrong but looking at the script again I would have thought all the stuff under 'DoorUnlockAnim' should go AFTER everything else? Because from what I can tell atm the game is breaking the door first with all the animation stuff afterwards.

But im only a n00b at scripting so am probably wrong?
Oh yeah, I forgot that you need an inactive Hammer and Chipper at the door. It should be in Entities/Item and have the name "stone_hammer_move" and "stone_chipper_move" without the quotation marks.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
04-21-2013, 03:48 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Making Hammer and Chipper break open door? - by PutraenusAlivius - 04-21-2013, 03:48 PM