Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Tokenism, Character Development and Writing
Zgroktar Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Tokenism, Character Development and Writing

Including tokenism is basically following modern trends, and from my point of view, any writer that decides to mingle with those elements is not a serious writer in the first place. He may achieved popularity, but he will hardly create anything significant or of value. You already answered to your own question, you just need to silent those voices that encourage you to partake in that writing policy just to satisfy some spectrum of political correctness.

I also started writing, and I held that a story must be organic and full-blooded from the start to the end. It must feel like an living organic entity, something that the reader could fully experience and you can do a lot of things to achieve that, but not with including some modern catchwords, just for sake of appeasing general public.

Many modern works are for the same reason just shallow and bland, and sometimes very mean. They often tend to insult and ridicule some, in the eyes of modern man, old-fashioned ideas for instance like conservative world view, sexual chastity, religiousness without trying to understand them more clearly. It seems that political correctness is only correct to very narrow range of the spectrum.
05-08-2013, 04:46 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tokenism, Character Development and Writing - by Zgroktar - 05-08-2013, 04:46 PM