Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Tokenism, Character Development and Writing
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Tokenism, Character Development and Writing

(05-09-2013, 04:58 PM)Adrianis Wrote: I read it, and equally wished to put an end to this in a quick way.

I'll just say that my hostility was based on the fact that what you presented was not just your position on the whole PC thing, but you actually insinuated that the people who advocate it are condescending, faking concern, and promoting segregation and inequality. You assumed the intent of the people behind it without understanding it, which I find personally insulting. Had you talked about it being a way to avoid the problem and focused on language and not ideas, I would have only argued against those points, and would not have been so hostile.

As I said, I just think we have different conceptions about what political correctness is. When I think "political correctness" I think of the fake language and the insincerity that characterizes a considerable amount of PC's efforts. This is not baseless by the way. You can really tell that some people are fighting the urge to speak freely - which is of course what everyone should do. As I said before, it doesn't matter what words you use; racism is at its core an idea. That is my biggest beef with PC; I just feel it addresses the wrong issues and tries to avoid confrontation with forced diplomacy - it doesn't work. I do think we are agreed on a fundamental level though, about equality.
05-09-2013, 05:09 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tokenism, Character Development and Writing - by Bridge - 05-09-2013, 05:09 PM