Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Very Early, very short level. Need Feedback.
GoodGamePlayer Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Very Early, very short level. Need Feedback.

There is some feedback from me:
Story
Don't forget about deep story. Story is very important! The better story, the better custom story! (at least for me)
Graphics/level design
Windows are placed well. But some pictures on walls would make the design better! And what I like, are carpets on walls. This makes walls looking very good. You also need to place some lights, such as candles or torches. The best is combination of blue lighting from windows, shades and candles. Some candles should be lit, some not. Fire places should be lit too.
Maps should have different designs. The map in this early custom story is made with very common design. Design used in this early map is the most used in custom stories. It's great to combine this design, "cellar" design or "outside" design. If you want to make outside map it's good to place the moon in the sky and place a lot of torches in the outside map. The looking of outside maps is greatly improved if you place a lot of objects in the map.
I must say I like much more custom stories with less maps when maps have lots of details and objects and well made walls. Custom story "The Mansion 1408" has the best map design ever. Try to get some inspiration there. Also original puzzles are much better than puzzles "copied" from original Amnesia.
Puzzles
As I said before, original puzzles are important for custom stories. It isn't good when you use puzzles like using acid on a padlock or using hammer and chipper on it. Really, try to think about something original. And that key in a drawer is too simple. Make some other puzzles to get a key! You can use levers, buttons, secret passages, a crowbar, a book to cover the key or whatever you want. Just keep in mind that it must be original!
Monsters
The brute is used too early! Monsters should be "placed" in the second or third map. In the second and third map there should be one monster only. The terror could increase during playing a custom story. And also, don't "place" too many monsters in maps! That could perfectly ruin the playing! In a small map there should be one or two monsters, in a big map four till six monsters and in a very very big map seven or eight monsters are the ideal number.
Theory above is made from my mind only! Other players might have different opinions!!
I'm very glad to help you to make a custom story!
05-23-2013, 08:10 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Very Early. Very short. - by PutraenusAlivius - 05-20-2013, 01:27 AM
RE: Very Early. Very short. - by Bonehead - 05-20-2013, 01:37 AM
RE: Very Early. Very short. - by CarnivorousJelly - 05-20-2013, 05:02 AM
RE: Very Early. Very short. - by Bonehead - 05-20-2013, 03:14 PM
RE: Very Early, very short level. Need Feedback. - by GoodGamePlayer - 05-23-2013, 08:10 PM