The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

HPL1 supports modo 601 collada 1.4.1 files very well!
Argoon Offline

Threads: 5
HPL1 supports modo 601 collada 1.4.1 files very well!

I'm posting just to say that i found out that HPL1 engine supports the native Luxology Modo 601 collada 1.4.1 files extremely well, from my findings Modo 601 can be a excellent level editing tool for this engine, so if you have access to this tool theres no need to find an old 3D Max or Maya version or even use old collada exporters to work with this engine.

And they work very well you just need to triangulate the mesh before exporting (shift + T on modo ), if not they will import fine but triangles will be missing.

I just hope this info is of any use to anyone even tho this engine is seeing almost no use from others, but i just wanted to show the ones that wanted but were put off thinking they need to find and work with a very old tool.

Smile

edit - Hum, i found two problems with this now, the first is that the exported lights from modo do not retain their color (modo treats lights has any other mesh and so uses the material to give color to lights) the rest works fine tho, two workarounds for this is to edit the collada file by hand or make a script for that light and give it color there. The second problem is perhaps because i'm using the modding tools on Black Plague and not Overture, that i don't have installed right now, but it seems that level scripts don't compile they give me this error below, if someone could help with this i would appreciate.

Quote:Game Running
--------------------------------------------------------
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'mystuff/mystuff_level.dae'
Loading collada for 'mystuff/mystuff_level.dae' took: 806 ms
ERROR: Couldn't create material 'particle_metalpiece.mat'
ERROR: Couldn't create material 'particle_metalpiece.mat'
ERROR: Couldn't find particle system file 'particle_imp_generic_hard.ps'
ERROR: Couldn't find file 'Point.lnt'
ERROR: Couldn't build script 'mystuff/mystuff_level.hps'!
------- SCRIPT OUTPUT BEGIN --------------------------
main (7, 1) : INFO : Compiling void OnStart()
main (10, 2) : ERR : No matching signatures to 'SetupLink(string&, string&, string&, string&, string&, const float, const float)'
main (16, 2) : ERR : No matching signatures to 'SetupLink(string&, string&, string&, string&, string&, const float, const float)'
------- SCRIPT OUTPUT END ----------------------------
ERROR: Couldn't load script 'mystuff_level.hps'
Loading map 'mystuff_level.dae' took: 1191 ms
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2013, 10:30 PM by Argoon.)
06-07-2013, 01:13 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
HPL1 supports modo 601 collada 1.4.1 files very well! - by Argoon - 06-07-2013, 01:13 AM