Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Importing models - Texture disappears
Theforgot3n1 Offline

Threads: 20
RE: Importing models - Texture disappears

(06-08-2013, 09:38 PM)sonataarctica Wrote: Have you created a material for the texture? You need to do this or the texture will not show up. Also make sure the texture and material have the same name (for some reason if they don't have the same name it won't work, for me anyway)

As for static objects, all you need to do is export the dae file and create a material file for the texture it uses.

To create entities you need to use to model editor - you import the dae file (the texture should show up automatically if you've created the material for the texture and made sure they're in the same folder) then create a body and adjust it so that it's roughly the same shape as the model, then attach the body to the mesh.

If you want the model to have physics - click settings at the top and change type to object, then set the subtype you want. You then need to set properties for the body, e.g mass. Hope this helps, let me know if you get stuck Big Grin It's definitely a pain until you know what to do but once you know it's fairly straightforward.

I haven't made the material file... How would I go about creating it? I think that's what I am missing out on. What I have done is apply the texture onto the model in Maya and then export. Is that right so far?

Thanks for the quick response also! ^_^

Confusion: a Custom Story - Ch1 for play!
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-15477.html
About 50% built.
Delayed for now though!
06-08-2013, 09:51 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Importing models - Texture disappears - by Theforgot3n1 - 06-08-2013, 09:51 PM