Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Importing models - Texture disappears
ExpectedIdentifier Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Importing models - Texture disappears

(06-08-2013, 10:04 PM)Theforgot3n1 Wrote:
(06-08-2013, 09:56 PM)sonataarctica Wrote: Put the texture into the folder that you are going to use it from, then open the MaterialEditor. I'm assuming it's just a diffuse texture so, set the type to soliddiffuse, tick the diffuse box, then select the texture you're using. I always apply the texture to the meshes last as moving/renaming it will mean the texture will not show up. I then export the model into the same folder as the material and texture files. Personally I keep one folder for each model, unless there are several similar models, then I'll just keep them all in the same folder e.g bottles.

When I load the texture, called "images.jpg" it only gives a purple texture going back and forth between other colors and basically just bugging up. I'm assuming I need to make my texture into a ".dds" but how do I do that?

Use some software like photoshop, I use GIMP personally because it's free and pretty similar to photoshop. The issue isn't that it's jpg though, more than likely it's because you're using an invalid image size (this happens if it's not an even number for me) A multiple of two would work, however, it's best to always use a size that's a power of 2 eg. 128x128, 256x256, 512x512, 128x512 or something similar as this allows for mip-mapping to be used.
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2013, 10:10 PM by ExpectedIdentifier.)
06-08-2013, 10:07 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Importing models - Texture disappears - by ExpectedIdentifier - 06-08-2013, 10:07 PM