Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Objects with more than one texture
Theforgot3n1 Offline

Threads: 20
RE: Objects with more than one texture

(06-09-2013, 08:20 AM)The Mug Wrote: You just need to make the parts of your model that uses a different texture into a seperate objects and export it all together.
Not only will this allow you to have different textures on your model but it will also make amnesia recognice the different objects as "submeshes", which can be editted seperately in model editor to create entities with more advances physics and properties and such.

Also just like to stress that .dds is not required, its just good because better performance and mip-maps

EDIT: also to use an amnesia texture just assign it strait from the 3d software you are using.
amnesia will be able to find the material as long as the diffuse(color) is assigned to your model-

Alright! I was able to use the amnesia texture .dds file just like any, and it showed up in the model viewer.

However, I do wonder what I am to do in order to "organize" the textures. The texture engulfing the model shows up as how that collection of images normally looks like, an ugly chaos.

Also, might you know why it starts to look like this on my pipe? This is not nearly as important as getting the texture from the .dds organized.
[Image: bugmayaamnesia.png] (if you can see, the texture gets blurry at a new "extrude" and at it's corners...)

Confusion: a Custom Story - Ch1 for play!
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-15477.html
About 50% built.
Delayed for now though!
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2013, 07:38 PM by Theforgot3n1.)
06-09-2013, 07:05 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Objects with more than one texture - by WALP - 06-09-2013, 08:20 AM
RE: Objects with more than one texture - by Theforgot3n1 - 06-09-2013, 07:05 PM
RE: Objects with more than one texture - by WALP - 06-09-2013, 09:13 PM
RE: Objects with more than one texture - by WALP - 06-09-2013, 10:25 PM