The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange glitch. Help needed.
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46
Strange glitch. Help needed.

How could it be that ingame (!!!) everything is fine. But when I am trying to load .map in LevelEditor it "couldn't create ...bla-bla-bla" and destroys custom models and even simply textures. I am placing them again and everything is fine! I am working, saving map and exiting LevelEditor. Everything's cool when I try to play that map ingame. But once I try to open same map at the LevelEditor there's an ERROR once again. It's crazy.

Here's HPL log excerption:
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Loading file D:/Games/AMNESIA The Dark Descent/custom_stories/the_prison/maps/prison_1st_floor.map

ERROR: Couldn't create material 'D:/Games/AMNESIA The Dark Descent/custom_stories/the_prison/textures/skies_night.mat'
ERROR: Could not load XML document ''
Failed loading entity of type Entity named ceiling_open_window_with_bars_1 with ID 483

// Loaded successfully

There's nothing really exclusive. Just a simplest primitive-plane with custom night sky texture. Everything seems to be fine with .mat file. At least it ain't the first texture I am making for HPL2 and everything've been smooth until now. And a tweaked ceiling-window model with metal bars and no glass, so you could observe night sky. Same with modeling and exporting, I have been already making in Maya quite a lot of models especially for HPL2 and exporting, already have been making statics and dynamic entities at ModelEditor with complicated bodies-shapes and everything was fine, but now... WTF O_o

Maybe something wrong with my new comp? And new HPL2Editors installation? Maybe it doesn't work properly on Win 7 64-bit? I don't know what to think. I need some advice which direction should I look in to solve the problem.

Ingame it looks fine, here're some screenshots:
[Image: 30b3eq9.jpg] [Image: 9qkc3q.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2013, 05:36 PM by Alex Ros.)
06-14-2013, 11:12 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
Strange glitch. Help needed. - by Alex Ros - 06-14-2013, 11:12 PM
RE: Strange glitch. Help needed. - by Adrianis - 06-15-2013, 02:21 AM
RE: Strange glitch. Help needed. - by Alex Ros - 06-15-2013, 11:13 AM
RE: Strange glitch. Help needed. - by Alex Ros - 06-15-2013, 02:20 PM
RE: Strange glitch. Help needed. - by Alex Ros - 06-15-2013, 04:44 PM
RE: Strange glitch. Help needed. - by Adrianis - 06-16-2013, 12:49 PM