Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Texture, Model & Animation Help Assistance on Model Crash
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Assistance on Model Crash

I made a custom main menu mod for Amnesia (in description if you would like to check out the mod/models), which involved the entire Entrance Hall being "re-mapped" in Maya 2011. I rigged it, animated it, and fixed the texture paths accordingly. The model itself is rigged to animate 50 different meshes (each consisting of combined assets that share the same textures) and roughly 50 different materials/textures throughout the model for those meshes. As well, the entire animation is 5000 frames. Each bone in the model has an asset attached to it, such as billboards and lights (46 bones in all, nly the root bone is animated though. The rest are merely for attachments). The animation runs smoothly and consistently in the menu, so I like to believe HPL2 can handle a lot more than people seem to think.

It's hard to determine your problem, but having too many materials is not a question of "is this a problem?" as it is for "is this optimized". It's totally up to you how you plan to go about handling your textures. I'm not sure if you did, but a single mesh cannot have two separate materials. You MUST split apart the mesh so each mesh uses its own specific material. If you have 1 mesh using 2 different materials, HPL editors will crash.
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2013, 08:42 AM by Statyk.)
07-12-2013, 07:16 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Assistance on Model Crash - by vengey - 07-12-2013, 01:33 AM
RE: Assistance on Model Crash - by Statyk - 07-12-2013, 07:16 AM
RE: Assistance on Model Crash - by vengey - 07-13-2013, 12:37 AM
RE: Assistance on Model Crash - by Statyk - 07-13-2013, 01:00 AM