Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Luis, 2008-07-31, "HPL Level Editor Milestone 2: (Static) Objects in Space"
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70
RE: Luis, 2008-07-31, "HPL Level Editor Milestone 2: (Static) Objects in Space"

Some more suggestions;
-Allow objects to be grouped by either 'Destination Folder' or by 'Custom Folder' (a special pre-text in the model/texture file)
-Allow all models/textures/sounds used to be exported to a certain folder (this is great when modding, so we don't include textures we didn't use ourselves)
-Make portals very easy to use. This is one of the main hurdles I still have trouble with in my levels
-Perhaps an option that will 'mass-add' imports (dae) should you create a custom model type ('hplm' (HPL+M(model))as an example)
-A side-box that displays a selected model in 3-d form.
-Parmimiters that control a lights flicker freqeuncy (instead of having to make it as a custom entity)
-Simple check-boxes that control certain boolean properties of a model (casts shadow, collision, ect)
-4:
Quote: If you allow #4, will you include basic shapes? Square, cylinder, ect? With varying variables that control the polygons on each side, ect
Quote:3. Don't think so, the aim is to keep the editor as simple as possible.
4. Same as 3.
How will we do "Sounds" or "entry boxes" or even "collsion Boxes" than?

5:7:
Quote:Will there be any cost-savers? Mainly with math equation (placement and duplication of objects, ect)
Quote:As for the math equation thingy, I don't think I really got you, so if you please..
[hidden][Image: deletemedk5.jpg][/hidden]
The bars are supposed to look equal distance.
That is an example of a sewer I was making before my computer died. An example of the wire-holders (not the wire) might be;
Duplicate 5 times
I = duplication # + 1
X offset = 0
Y offset = (I x 10) x 3
Z Offset = (I x 10) x 2
That would be a really big time-saver on my part.
5: Ability to spawn anywhere, at anytime in the level. This would be purely for testing out puzzles that dont' relay on previous scripts to work.
6: A more flexable scripting process, or at least a better way to debug scripts.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
09-21-2008, 05:27 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread