Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UPDATED+Pictures!Custom HUD and SanityEvents!!! *Explanation* Full Conversions ONLY!
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73
RE: Working Custom HUD and SanityEvents!!! *Explanation* Full Conversions ONLY!

(07-23-2013, 09:01 PM)Rapture Wrote: Tips for your tutorial...

(1) Do more bolding or color coding for steps that should be clearly noticed by the reader and acknowledged by the reader to be of some importance.

(2a) Add pictures (Makes it much easier to see what the reader should be doing and to compare notes!), text can be a real pain sometimes. Especially if you aren't good at writing technical writing and or have spelling errors.
(2b) To elaborate, you have quite a lot of spelling errors, and your wording is more twitter/facebook friendly, not so good for something that needs every step done correctly.

I've had many headaches on tutorials amateurishly done (Which is a pain in the ass by itself) only to find out in the end in a side-note, they put a tag. "May or may not work; Only for this version; Bla bla bla". WTF?

Since you have a "Edit: It will NOT work 100% mostly like 90-95%" that is very worrying and I would consider this tutorial useless if it isn't guaranteed to work 100% if I follow every step correctly.

(3) Include all complete, WORKING files so the reader has something to look back at to before asking for help.
Things that should be included, are all the maps, scripts, the actual "Picture" you asked to make and anything else of importance.

///////
Your tutorial sounds interesting, hence why I clicked it. But I won't bother using it unless it's guaranteed to work 100%.
I will do the color, good idea!
And i am NOT english so please for sme typo's... i'm sorry!
I will try to make a video of how people have to install and crat from scratch!
SO that people will understand it even better!
Thank you for your reply!
And it works 99-100 for the 1th time, IF you try fast afte eitchother the hud sometimes won't occur!
But it will work 1th time so far for days for me now!

Edit:
Is anybody wants to help me out with the BAD ENGLISH! be very welcome to REwrite and Pm it to me,
Would be very much apriciated!
Sorry for the bad english!
Thanks!
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2013, 09:33 PM by DnALANGE.)
07-23-2013, 09:24 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working Custom HUD and SanityEvents!!! *Explanation* Full Conversions ONLY! - by DnALANGE - 07-23-2013, 09:24 PM