Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Interaction
Gyne Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Interaction

Luis Wrote:
Sepai Wrote:...i have yet to see a game that can pick up an object and hold it on the fly with out have to have it already made up with object in the hand (like most FPS a gun with a hand made attached to give the illusion the you are holding it.)

Trespasser did just that, but sometimes it felt really awkward. Check this vid to see what I mean.

And even with that, I wonder how many people can pick up a metal barrel with one hand. Tongue

It reminds me a bit of what Cyan said about Myst. They only wanted the enviroment on the screen; no menus or inventories on-screen, so it would not distract from becoming immersed in the game. But as soon as you want to save, that drop-down menu pops into reality. lol

I think you can only push realism so far until it begins to look BAD. Personally, I like the controls, hand-wise and so on.

The other thing I don't like about using a hand is that it takes up a lot of room on the screen.
08-05-2008, 10:48 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
Interaction - by Lince - 08-03-2008, 07:19 PM