The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Dream composing
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176
Dream composing

For me, it's a fairly new phenomenon that has been happening to me a lot over the past week. I'm usually in some borderline lucid state where I realize that I'm dreaming while at the same time some background music is playing in my head that I've never heard before.

Just to let you know, I'm a melody composer as I don't really enjoy music created from ambiances or sound effects (kmn pls). So the music I compose in my dreams are always solid melodies, usually on the piano or violin orchestra.

Anyways, how I'm certain that I'm composing is because it takes effort in my lucid dreaming to actually hear the music. It's like something that just keeps flowing in the background, but is incomplete, not until I strain hard to listen to it and then finally finish the melody consciously. Also, in my lucid state, I always check to see if my melody is something I've heard before by visualizing my favourite composers (e.g. chopin) and making sure that this is something I've never heard from them. Sometimes I remember the melodies when I wake up, but I almost never manage to replay them on the piano because I can't get the left hand harmonization down for some reason.

Does this occur to anybody else?

[Image: p229xcq]
08-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Dream composing - by Froge - 08-07-2013, 06:00 PM
RE: Dream composing - by Bridge - 08-07-2013, 06:40 PM
RE: Dream composing - by Danny Boy - 08-07-2013, 07:31 PM