The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: TDD LHudson Reviews Custom Stories
LHudson Offline

Threads: 9
LHudson Reviews Custom Stories

Wow, a lot has happened since I've been gone. We've had the announcement of Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, a presidential election, and four horrible Adam Sandler movies. But this place has a nice room in my heart so why not come back to the scene I have been on the fence on for some time.

I'm LHudson, I make videos on the internet, and I (hope) you like them.

[Image: 02%20Content.jpg]

With the Let's Play community being a very over-saturated market, I thought I'd do something I haven't seen people do, be a guinea pig! With the rise of overused elements (such as naked flying corpse) it's hard to find out whether the custom story called 'Dead at the End' is good, bad, or terribad. I dive into whatever has been released recently and I shall deconstruct the elements and give it a recommendation level based on my personal experiences. There are no face-cams, no high pitch screaming, no plodding about, just me and a small report about the custom story to deliver to you.

I play them so you can save yourself the horrible custom stories to come.

The review is subject to personal tastes but I try to stay as unbiased as I can. The main areas that are covered are
  • Level design
  • Atmosphere
  • Pacing
  • Puzzles

There are some other areas that are covered but that depends on what this custom story sets out to achieve. I also highlight some custom story clichés so that those wanting to avoid any custom stories with them in them can be safe in the knowledge whether they do or don't have them.

[Image: 04%20Concluding.jpg]

I take on the good, bad, and ugly sides of custom stories so you don't have to accidentally jump into one and come out with a bad taste in your mouth. If you have one that you want me to take a look at, feel free to post them below and I shall take a look at it.

I look forward to seeing your feedback and support, and I also look forward to becoming an active member on this forum again Smile

[Image: 05%20Links.jpg]

Channel Link
Twitter Link
Review Playlist

Video List (Schedule subject to change)
Death by Fear
0 Calories
Secrets of the Old Mansion
A Slaves Masquerade
Where Am I?
The House
The Dark Treasure
Only Fear: From the Past
Key to Freedom
A Late Night Drink
Dark Demise
Last Battle
Grandfather's House
The Unforgiven Game
Red Waters
CinnamonToastKen's Escape Part 1
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2013, 10:34 PM by LHudson.)
08-19-2013, 03:21 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
LHudson Reviews Custom Stories - by LHudson - 08-19-2013, 03:21 PM
RE: LHudson Reviews Custom Stories - by Bridge - 08-31-2013, 08:17 PM
RE: LHudson Reviews Custom Stories - by LHudson - 09-01-2013, 04:37 PM
RE: LHudson Reviews Custom Stories - by Bridge - 09-01-2013, 04:49 PM
RE: LHudson Reviews Custom Stories - by Kreekakon - 09-01-2013, 05:48 PM
RE: LHudson Reviews Custom Stories - by LHudson - 09-01-2013, 07:41 PM