Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.39 Average
Amnesia AMFP SPOILER THREAD *ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK*
cantplayamfpuntil20thfml Offline

Threads: 0
Rainbow  the mexican connection (spoilers + speculation)

hi guys, long time lurker. haven't seen a post about this so sorry if old and for being a bit messy but i made some observations from the 30 min previews cropping up. title should say aztec connection but i know some people are on serious spoiler blackouts. anyways...

- mandus "returned home from a disastrous expedition from Mexico."

- you receive a call in-game that refers to "precious eagle cactus fruit."

- a cursory internet search reveals that "precious eagle cactus fruit" is what the aztects called the torn heart of a human sacrifice and that it contained their soul

- amfp loads with a diagram of a heart

- the base in mandus' fever dream is reminiscent of aztec design

- there is a model of an aztec temple in mandus' mansion

- in the room where a rotting pig's corpse leans against a wooden cross, a stained glass window depicts a man in ritual garb, wearing a pig's mask, holding a freshly torn heart towards the sky with both hands.

concept art:
http://aamfp.com/images/chapel_1.jpg
(base looks hella aztec)
screenshot:
http://computer.games-4pro.com/wp-conten...lpaper.jpg

- a pig mask in a mexican folk art style is on the cover of amfp and litters the mandus mansion

- according to a wikipedia's page on mexican mask-folk art:
"Indigenous people believed that when they wore the mask, they would take the persona of the mask. The masks were worn during ceremonial rituals for thousands of years before the Spanish conquest. The masks depicted animal spirits and Gods that the indigenous peoples worshiped."

i know this is stretching it even further but it might explain why there are pig monsters roaming about:

- part of a public yale article on the aztecs:
"By his death the captive also became a comestible messenger to the gods, and so attained to a level of honor, and even divinity; he was momentarily transubstantiated into an image of the god."

tl;dr heavily recurring aztec theme suggests the presence of a pig-like diety

deep frictional games symbolism or silly speculation on my part? regardless, would love to hear what you guys think + any more theories about amfp's plot or mythos.
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2013, 09:16 AM by cantplayamfpuntil20thfml.)
09-02-2013, 09:12 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
the mexican connection (spoilers + speculation) - by cantplayamfpuntil20thfml - 09-02-2013, 09:12 AM
Wait, What? [PDP] [SPOILER] - by summit - 09-02-2013, 10:28 AM