The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script for traumatic/fear visual effects
JohnnyMedieval Offline

Threads: 1
Script for traumatic/fear visual effects

Hi people,

I'll start by saying I'm very much new to Amnesia map making, and this one thing I'm working on will probably be the only time I ever do it, so I don't need to learn everything about scripting. Sorry if my question/request is stupid, and if you answer it for me, please explain it to me in a way a newbie can understand. Thanks.

I'm just trying to do something very simple (for a custom video, I'm not even making a whole custom story), so I hope you guys can please just give me a few lines of script or something, without directing me to some long complicated tutorial or just saying "go read the whole wiki."

Anyway, all I'm trying to do is script so that when the player enters an area I placed on the map it triggers the sort of "tunnel vision" or "shockwave" visual effects that trigger when Daniel gets scared by something in the game.

I've been looking around for a few hours, have watched a few tutorial on youtube and skimmed through the wiki, but I just can't seem to find anything that tells me how to script these visual effects. I have watched a tutorial on how to set up an area and script it to slam a door though, so I know some basics.

Anyway, if someone could help me out and tell me what scripts I need to add to do this, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
08-28-2013, 03:09 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Script for traumatic/fear visual effects - by JohnnyMedieval - 08-28-2013, 03:09 PM