Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Duration Amnesia A Machine For Pigs!
Cuyir Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Duration Amnesia A Machine For Pigs!

@ Goog: Games that last hundreds of hours do so because of gameplay, not story.

A game that lasts 100 full of story is almost guaranteed to be a bloated and woefully boring game.

The Elder Scrolls Games last a lot because there's so much to do, not because the stories last 100 plus hours. In Oblivion I was done with the guilds i liked in under 60 hours, the other 350 plus hours were from personal role playing.

All the game that are focused on story and atmosphere are generally shorter because the writers don't want the story or atmosphere to hang about too long.

What book have you read that has taken you 100 hours? I can't think of a single one and I read meaty novels.

But back to my narrative/atmosphere focused games point. The Last Of Us lasts a cool 14-16 hours. Throughout the journey you feel mentally tired as the game goes along, not because it's long but because they paced the story and events perfectly.

You on the other hand, Goog (can I call you Goog?) want them to artificially extend the game with unneeded exposition and puzzles. That's a massive no-no and a clear cut definition of stretching.
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2013, 05:35 PM by Cuyir.)
09-02-2013, 05:28 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Duration Amnesia A Machine For Pigs! - by Red - 08-29-2013, 12:39 PM
RE: Duration Amnesia A Machine For Pigs! - by Cuyir - 09-02-2013, 05:28 PM