Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

History of the Universe and Earth
BAndrew Offline

Threads: 23
RE: History of the Universe and Earth

@Your Computer

Your post is a lot clearer now. Firstly, to avoid any misunderstandings the "rascist" was a cheap joke and has nothing to do with the discussion.

Secondly:
Quote:"Space" and "time" in themselves do not exist

This is not true. They exist although we don't know what exactly they are yet.

[I like how you easily accept that an entity such God doesn't need a creator, but the Universe does. If I misunderstood and you don't, then there is no need for a creator.](*)

But let's say the Big Bang is the Birth of the Universe (the only case argument (*) fails). Here comes your argument nothing--/-->something. Therefore there is a need for a creator.

[But God or any such entity couldn't exist before the creation of the Universe, because time was created with the Big Bang.] (1)
Because of (1) the only way God could exist is if he lived outside spacetime.
Argument (1) still holds, but God can at least exist.

But (1) implies that the God didn't existed forever (because there was no forever), so he needed a creator. This can lead to a never ending hierarchy I was talking about.

Quote:But if one is looking to avoid infinite regressions, it would make great sense to include a "who" or a "what" in the "when, where, why, how" sequence of questions.

This would be true if the questions themselves made sense. These questions aren't logical because there wasn't time nor space nor anything "before" the Big Bang. It's like asking where is the corner of the Earth. The Earth has no corners because it's a sphere, so the question just doesn't make any sense. The universe can't have a cause.

This is because:

(1)Causes must precede their effects in time
(2)There is no time prior to the beginning of time (the origin of the universe)
(3)Therefore, the universe cannot have a cause

NOTE: I am not saying there is no creator. I just imply that there is no need for one.

However, I doubt his existance because he couldn't exist before the creation of the universe which is self contradictory with the idea of God and there wasn't any time for him to create the Universe in the first place.

@JAP

OK fine. Didn't show your post as I was busy posting.

The Big Bang contradicts physical laws for both mathematical and physical reasons.

Mathematically when you approach 0 bad things happen! Especially if this 0 is on the denominator, which is, because it represents time. As time approaches zero (t-->0) there is a limitation to the things you can know.

Physically, The Big Bang theory tells us what happened after of the Big Bang, but not a clue about what happened AT the Big Bang.

As to what's going on I don't know. Quantum physics is too weird to be innocent on this, but I don't know. Perhaps we are not ready to learn yet. Something is missing from the puzzle.

•I have found the answer to the universe and everything, but this sign is too small to contain it.

[Image: k2g44ae]

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2013, 12:00 PM by BAndrew.)
09-01-2013, 11:18 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: History of the Universe and Earth - by Nice - 08-31-2013, 11:14 AM
RE: History of the Universe and Earth - by Bridge - 08-31-2013, 01:39 PM
RE: History of the Universe and Earth - by Tiger - 08-31-2013, 04:38 PM
RE: History of the Universe and Earth - by Bridge - 08-31-2013, 04:57 PM
RE: History of the Universe and Earth - by Froge - 09-01-2013, 02:15 AM
RE: History of the Universe and Earth - by BAndrew - 09-01-2013, 11:18 AM
RE: History of the Universe and Earth - by Bridge - 09-01-2013, 04:24 PM
RE: History of the Universe and Earth - by Bridge - 09-01-2013, 05:13 PM
RE: History of the Universe and Earth - by Bridge - 09-02-2013, 05:29 PM