The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Spoiler Diary of the First Playtrhough
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46
Diary of the First Playtrhough

Just updated my pre-load and launched the game...

First of all, with my comp specs and every graphic option on max it runs as smooth as I could imagine. No glitches, no freezings, nothing at all to notice, runs really nice and smooth.

First, I noticed somewhat like bluish fog filling all interiors. It made me feel quite a bit like I am dreaming, not really walking around the mansion. I have tweaked gamma in order to make picture a bit more contrasting and it did work, but I may confess the presence of that fog didn't vanished. I may presume it's somewhat intended, an artistic decision, but be honest I do not like it right now. At least now, I just finished the very first location.

Second, the electric lamps seems to give extremely low amount of light. It's not that I am fan of realism, basically I do not care about f**king realism. But in fact the amount of light of electric lamps is way too low. That is also something I do not like in particular. Lamps do look just like a bright stains, not the sources of light. Here are a bit of ingame screenshots...

http://i.imgur.com/ADAPsds.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/aKvmlox.jpg

Third, it's really kind of annoying that nearly all objects aren't dynamic. Well, I do not know if that could be annoying without playing Penumbra and 1st Amnesia, but at the right moment it feels as if I am limited in something for no particular reason. But I can't really complain on that at the moment, cause probably at the later locations the situation might be drastically changed with amount of dynamical objects.

But! I must say to make my position clear, that in general, all these complaints are just shitty, real shitty who-cares complaints and I do understand that for sure. Because while I finished only first location I am already began to sink into the story and gameworld.

Finally, I got my first pack of bricks in the pants. When I got down the stairs and there was somewhat like earthquake and a painting fell down, I was f**king scared to shit. It was absolutely unexpected.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2013, 06:37 PM by Alex Ros.)
09-10-2013, 12:21 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
Diary of the First Playtrhough - by Alex Ros - 09-10-2013, 12:21 PM
RE: Diary of the First Playtrhough - by Alex Ros - 09-11-2013, 12:21 AM
RE: Diary of the First Playtrhough - by Alex Ros - 09-11-2013, 02:02 PM
RE: Diary of the First Playtrhough - by Alex Ros - 09-12-2013, 02:28 AM
RE: Diary of the First Playtrhough - by Change - 09-12-2013, 06:22 AM