The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SORT OF FIXED] Getting different FATAL ERROR to others
shredzy Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months, 3 Weeks ago [SORT OF FIXED] Getting different FATAL ERROR to others

Hi,

I've pretty much gone through alot of steam threads and all the threads here about people crashing but I'm getting something different...

I can get into the game no problem but when I go to start a new game this pops up:

FATAL ERROR: Could not load world file 'maps/main/20'

What I've done to try and fix this:
  • Reinstalled it...twice...once on my SSD and another on my HDD...same error.
  • Using latest graphic drivers.
  • Checked with the directory with one of my mates and we have the same files within 'maps/main/' (and we pretty much have the same PC)
  • Restarted PC of course.
  • Went to Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache...no go.
  • Have the latest directx9 updates.

Using the steam version by the way. Pretty much out of options and praying for an update which fixes this issue I have...I don't get the EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION that everyone else is getting on startup.

Thanks Smile
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2013, 03:20 PM by shredzy.)
09-10-2013, 01:12 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
[SORT OF FIXED] Getting different FATAL ERROR to others - by shredzy - 09-10-2013, 01:12 PM