The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
richard.eid Offline

Threads: 2
Missing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)

Hey Frictional,

I'm super excited to dig into AAMFP later tonight! I wish I had the time right at release but it was like 3am my time so I'll just have to wait. Sad

To prepare and so that I could just fire it up when I get home I decided to at least give it a first run just now so that I could get my settings right so I could...uh...just fire it up when I get home. The settings launcher wouldn't run. Upon further inspection, it appears that the settings launcher requires the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) to be installed.

If you run the game from Steam and select the settings launcher at the menu, it will just silently crash. If you launch the settings launcher manually by double-clicking the launcher.exe file you'll get a message about a missing MSVCP100.dll. I looked for a vcredist_x86.exe in the game's installation folder but didn't see it. So I downloaded it from Microsoft, installed it and was able to get the settings launcher to run. That can be found here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...px?id=8328

I believe this should be included with the game download as not everyone will already have this installed prior to running the game. Should you choose to do this you can also create a Steam installscript to get this running on first launch. Your installscript might look something like:

"InstallScript"
{
    "Run Process"
    {
        "Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)"
        {
            "process 1"        "%INSTALLDIR%\\redist\\vcredist_x86.exe"
            "command 1"        "/q:a"
            "description"        "Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)"
            "NoCleanUp"        "1"
            "IgnoreExitCode"        "1"
        }
    }
}

I'm not sure of the intricacies of having this installed so you might be able to just get by with including the msvcp100.dll in the game's root folder. Either way, it appears that this requirement is missing from the game's installation folder.

Thanks for taking the time to read. Hopefully the release is going smoothly for you guys. Take care!
09-10-2013, 05:53 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Missing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) - by richard.eid - 09-10-2013, 05:53 PM