Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism
Shev Offline

Threads: 25
RE: My opinion about how TCR is dealing with the criticism

(09-21-2013, 04:36 AM)Kein Wrote: What criticism? You mean whining like "But but.. I wanted and expected TDD2!!!1111" (poor, blind and deaf children that for some reason over-fantasized the game they expected)? That is not a valid criticism and I don't think either FG or TCR even bothered by that in slightest. Actual, valid criticism I have yet to see.

You know people could have criticism for the game and not just because it wasn't a tdd clone.

For example some criticizm I had for the game is how the rediculous blue filter washed out all the colors and destroyed the atmosphere for me, at least in my opinion, on a game that heavily relied on atmosphere. At first I thought it was a glitch with the linux version because it was just way too much.

Spoiler below!
The horror aspect was kind of nonexistant, for me. After you sneak past a monster for the first time it the following ones just felt like a stealth game, and not really a difficult one either since the second you crouch around a corner they lose interest in you. And it gets predictable to, like you can tell what type of areas a monster will spawn in, except a few instances where they blindly throw you into chase scenes, and one wasn't planned out to well; The monster literally just spawns behind you and it didn't feel like he snuck up on you or anything especailly if you played cautiously, he just instantly knows where you are through walls and starts chasing you.

The story was also kind of predictable. I pretty much knew right from the start that the person wasn't going to give you your children, and that you where the one who trapped them in the underground lab.You have amnesia and someone is asking you to go back through your own underground secret lab and let them free, it wasn't exactly rocket science that he wanted you to release all the monsters into the world. They sort of never explained why he had amnesia in the first place either, at least I couldnt' find the note that explained it.

The last quarter of the game where you just like run through the streets of london didn't really bring a lot to the game. I get it was suppose to be all cinematic and trying to reflect what you did, but I sort of felt I knew what was going to happen anyways so it didn't phase me.

Also there was a serious lack of music except the points where it's used to bring out the 'epicness' I guess would be the word for it, of some things like the machine. But general ambient music is almost gone or at least I couldn't really hear much, I remember a lot of people complained about in TDD that they couldn't turn off music, but it would have been better to just have an option rather than just hardly any at all.

Also the game was really short, I beat it in 3 hours and that was with taking my time looking for notes to.

i spam meme 4 raeg
09-24-2013, 06:50 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: My opinion about how TCR is dealing with the criticism - by Shev - 09-24-2013, 06:50 AM