Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism
Ossie Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism

(10-02-2013, 07:07 AM)Paddy Wrote: Their P.R. manifesto apparently consists of just one line, written in 72pt bold caps: maintain a smug air of disingenuous frustration at all times.

In the case of AAMFP not only have they dismissed all of the criticism (ALL of it) they've actually been misrepresenting it by claiming that everyone who criticised the game just wanted another TDD, or words to that effect. That they refuse to accept responsibility for creating that expectation themselves is what annoys the hell out of me:

<snip>

I'm pleased that you've raised this Paddy as I've been thinking the same thing for a while now but just couldn't find the time to dredge up all of TCR's old quotes. Good work, you've done it far better than I could have. Smile

I do hope that TCR have eaten some humble pie over the expectations that they created with AMFP, only to 'let down' certain people who were expecting another TDD. In fact, I'd love to see Dan address the quotes of his that you posted - a little bit of modesty and even, dare I say it, some apologies are I feel in order (not to me, I loved the game and it pretty much turned out as I expected, but I can see how many would have been disappointed, hence a lot of the angry and 'childish' responses from fans of TDD).
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2013, 11:03 AM by Ossie.)
10-02-2013, 10:58 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism - by Ossie - 10-02-2013, 10:58 AM