Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43
RE: Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism

(10-03-2013, 11:03 AM)grrrz Wrote: I guess everything has been said here, but overall I don't like the notion that people are "client" of the "THe Chinese Room company" and that their 20 bucks give them such a sense of entitlement to harass them, track down everything they've said publicly and look closely to everything that looks like a contradiction. The Chinese Room is a few people operation, and they're allow to have humans flaws and reactions without being scrutinized over every little detail. If people can't express themselves with a healthy dose of anger (which was directed toward very specific people who got what they were looking for), just because they're supposed to represent their "company", and they're not "professional" then f** it.

None of this would even have come up had Jessica Curry not written an article which lamented how the critics were focusing on the lack of mechanics and scariness. That they focused on those things at all is The Chinese Room's own fault, as evidenced by their statements in the press since February 2012 up until the release of the game, which is why it was important to dig up those quotes; they're entirely responsible for any expectations gamers had about what AAMFP would be. The way they've reacted to the criticism would make you believe that they'd never said the things they demonstrably did say.

I loved the game and I disagree with 99.9% of the criticisms it has received, but I can't stand the pretentious hand-waving childishness of TCR when they act like they're being persecuted for having the audacity to "break the mould" of gaming when in reality they're just really bad at giving interviews.
10-03-2013, 11:33 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism - by Paddy™ - 10-03-2013, 11:33 AM