Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism
Ossie Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism

(10-11-2013, 08:55 AM)LuckyBlackCatXIII Wrote: While we clearly have very differing views/feelings towards the Amnesia games it's funny that you mention the notes and feeling divided about it because it reminded me of something. AMFP had a fuck ton of notes and that really took me out of the game.

You make a very good point there - while I loved the notes, they seriously broke up the flow of the gameplay. There was of course a lot of writing in Dear Esther, but as that writing was all narrated you could keep listening as you gently moved along. With AMFP every note was a stopping point and they seriously broke up the flow and the atmosphere.

As the notes in TDD were well spaced that wasn't a problem, also with TDD some of the notes were narrated by Daniel which helped add to the immersion.

I do hope that TCR learn from the mistakes that they made with this game - while I loved it, the game still has its flaws. I hope that TCR will allow themselves to not only see their mistakes, but also to acknowledge and learn from them.
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2013, 04:55 PM by Ossie.)
10-12-2013, 04:42 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism - by Ossie - 10-12-2013, 04:42 PM