Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism

Wow, I didn't realize TCR have responded so much to criticism (also I've never read this thread before). I actually respected them a lot, and enjoyed amfp although I was disappointed with a lot of it. But reading some of the shit they said which you guys are talking about is actually disgusting, especially pinchbeck's post. He responded in such an immature, and obviously frustrated way showing that he's letting all this criticism get under his skin. Honestly, what would you expect was going to happen when you're releasing a sequel to probably the biggest horror hit of all time, hyping it up to be scary as hell, then creating a game that doesn't even focus on scares? Did you seriously not expect there to be backlash from fans? If you weren't ready for this, then you probably should've marketed the game differently and at least you'd have something to go back on. I honestly don't even blame people for how they responded to this game. There will be idiots that will do nothing but shit talk it and give it 0/10 for every game, but that's a given. There will be people that love it, and there'll be people that were inbetween and gave it honest reviews pointing out the flaws and good things about this game. They can say whatever the hell they want about it. But responding in such a condescending and vulgar way when you're the lead designer, and an adult, is just plain disgusting. If you want to respond to criticism putting the game in a bad light, don't stoop down to dumbass 12 year old i-fucked-your-mother level, and actually give a good point. Just because a review mentions lack of mechanics doesn't mean they aren't open to change. Maybe the change to the game mechanics was, I don't know, not as effective as you had hoped? If you're going to change up so much you have to be ready to take criticism of it. Also, it's not like every other part of the game was super-praised, every aspect had its flaws.

God damn guys, this is your second game, of course you will mess up on some things and its okay to admit that but don't say that everyone who says the game sucked is wrong. Even if the game has no flaws in your eyes this response is just bad. This has upset me very much reading the stuff people I respected and looked up to wrote, and they have lost a lot of my respect. This has been my unintelligible rant on my opinions of how TCR is dealing with criticism. I hope you enjoyed reading it.

Edit: and wow, what the FUCK is that blog/interview paddy linked.. I have never seen such ridiculous ass-kissing like that in one of those interviews. "The developers' deep intelligence about how stories can manipulate the mind
,"A Machine for Pigs provides a lasting imprint on players that somehow is more psychologically manipulative","Curry and Pinchbeck seem sharply intellectual".. what the hell. And whoever wrote this does not seem to even understand what amnesia TDD is about. "That game was popular for its jump-scare qualities, its ability to frighten in small intense doses, to elicit squeals from players and the makers of online Let's Play videos." What the actual fuck, that sounds like a description of outlast. Sure TDD had jumpscares and frigtened in small doses, but it was all about slow grinding psychological horror. And about amfp: "This new kind of horror hasn't leant itself to the YouTubers who flourished on the drama of publishing video of The Dark Descent's jump scares." No... there isn't any different horror in pigs. There's just less of it. And it obviously relies more on jumpscares to scare you. This is just disgusting to read.. so fucking pompous and pretentious..

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2013, 02:49 PM by Damascus Rose.)
10-19-2013, 04:20 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism - by Damascus Rose - 10-19-2013, 04:20 AM