Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Can the sexism in these types of games stop?
amnesiapuzzles Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Can the sexism in these types of games stop?

(09-11-2013, 09:05 AM)Tombcool Wrote: Can a female please state her opinion on this?

I am a female, and I love the FG games. AAMFP is a story of a person, who was a 19th century industrialist—a man was much more likely to be one at that time.

If FG (or TCR, in this case) feel that it was easier for them to create a male protagonist, in order to make him convincing, I'm perfectly fine with it. I'd prefer to play as a believable male protagonist, than an unreliable and weak portrayal of a female. (At this point, I must mention that Justine was a very interesting, yet terrifying character to relate to, and you guys certainly did not fail. Wink )

As a player, I love the aspect of being put in a fictitious character's shoes. Both males, females, their different gender roles and personalities. I knew what the game was gonna be all about, if I hadn't liked it, I would've never bought it.

You're either a troll, or just looking for a needle in a haystack. Thinking that far, I could draw conclusions like: 'AAMFP is a sexist game, because it tells you that all men are likely to be bad and losers like Mandus, because they're all driven by fame, wealth, or are arrogant, trying to do sth for the greater good. So GURL POWAAAH FOR REAL!!!11oneone'. Which is pure nonsense, just like FG nad TCR being sexist for the fact of having male protagonists. They're working their asses off to entertain us—if you don't like it, don't buy the game, don't spread the news about it, play games with strong girls instead.

Alice: Madness Returns (I know it's not a horror game) also portrays a
Spoiler below!
strong female, fighting for her sanity and finally succeeding in it, and the evil, stereotypical male antagonist, who gets what he deserves
yet I never noticed any male players complain about the fact, that 'a guy in here is portrayed here as a bad man, this is sexist blah blah...'

Either way, by assuming: 'oh, and it's men who say it, so typical' thing.' you're attacking guys in here because they're guys, which automatically makes them bad if they disagree.

[Image: 3oEdvcwX9X7YAkkxfW.gif]
09-11-2013, 05:34 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can the sexism in these types of games stop? - by amnesiapuzzles - 09-11-2013, 05:34 PM