Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

(09-11-2013, 11:01 AM)droog Wrote: A few people are talking about a man in a coffin at the end of the game... where? I must have missed him.

It's not a coffin, it's like an incubator or something. You start off the section standing on a metal walkway and you're facing the direction in which the incubator thing can be seen, and if you turn around and walk the other direction it brings you to the temple/ending Wink

(09-11-2013, 11:04 AM)HamStar Wrote: No, you are absolutely right. And the entire thing with the machine and pigs vs the bourgeois is in a way a reference to the revolution of 1917. Which is why the ending leaves a very bitters-weet taste in your mouth - those horrors do happen, as we know now, living in 2013.

That's the impression I got from it, glad I'm not losing it haha. So, back to my facepalm-inducing 9/11 question! The Twin Towers were referred to as "the brothers", and the only major horrific event involving "two brothers falling" I can think of would be 9/11, but I'm sure there are probably thousands of other examples I just don't know about...

Does the Grunt appear in this game? If so, how do I find him? His files are included in the redist\entities\enemy directory along with all of the other AAMFP ones, but he's the only TDD enemy who appears there, which says to me he must have been put there deliberately.

I'm not sure if I'm oinking up the wrong tree here, but listening to some of the voice over files in the install directory has me wondering if there's another ending.

redist\sounds\vo\16_temple

All of the voice overs in this directory are obviously related to the "Temple" level, which is the final section of the game, yet there seems to be a "happy Machine" and "sad Machine" ending. One in which he pleads Oswald not to ruin his shit, and another in which he's all happy because he got what he wanted. Hmmm...
09-11-2013, 11:30 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - by Paddy™ - 09-11-2013, 11:30 AM
The birth of a new century - by Integria - 09-27-2013, 01:32 AM