Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
tickldkfiifo Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

(09-12-2013, 05:21 AM)Tobi Wrote:
(09-12-2013, 05:12 AM)tickldkfiifo Wrote: I found the game pretty scary up until we see all the pigmen doing their own thing/in cages. The london scene didn't scare me at all. I was exploring until I got hit from behind by that pigman that is supposed to chase you. That didn't even startle me.

I played in the dark with very high sound/headphones.

I did enjoy the story, I am also curious if Mandus is related at all to Alexander. Will there be more amnesia games to uncover more of the world? I kind of like it when questions are not answered. Big Grin
Yeah, like I said I wish they had saved the Holding Pen area for near the end, as seeing them "humanized" removed some of the fear factor they had. This was never a case with Alexander's Gatherer's. Even Justine's suitors who were human didn't act like anything other than Gatherers.

It does seem like Mandus could be related to Alexander since there is apparently is a note where he mentions his "great uncle Alexander". Also the use of the Orbs and the Brannenburg solution and Vitae make it clear the connections do exist.

The connections really intrigue me! Also, another thing I forgot to mention is how much I actually liked the simple puzzles. I feel people were trying to compare it too much to the original Amnesia, and were disappointed by some of the multiple differences. Another thing was the lack of inventory system, I felt it added to the immersion by not having an inventory system and sanity meter. The lack of those things simply made it feel more real, and less of an actual game, which just added to the horror imo.

Does anyone else actually think Mandus was actually a pigman? His hands may have looked human, but I believe he was simply too insane to remember that he was one all along. Although that wouldn't explain why he seemed so different from the pigmen that were after us. But if anyone remembers, the antagonist (spoilers) was kind of like our split personality, and he ordered the pigmen to stop us. Which meant he could (we could*)communicate with them.

Overall pretty darn interesting! Wink
09-12-2013, 05:38 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - by tickldkfiifo - 09-12-2013, 05:38 AM
The birth of a new century - by Integria - 09-27-2013, 01:32 AM