Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
LarryV Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

(09-14-2013, 04:14 PM)exmachinax Wrote:
Quote:chineseroom posted:

What does happen at the very end?

He gives birth to the 20th Century?

Did someone here read the graphic novel From Hell? A lengthy piece, written by Alan Moore and illustrated mainly by Eddie Campbell. It is about Jack the Ripper, a speculative work of fiction, but with a lot of real world research on the matter. The book tell how his crimes were some kind of ritual. He has a vision of the future, and saw how people can be so... indifferent in our age. Seems familiar? Tongue

It came from my my after the post from the person telling how the streets in the London "pigapocalypse" were named after the streets where Jack killed the women. Also, the novel has the following sentece, spoken/written by Jack - it is not in the real Jack's letters, it was made for the graphic novel:

"One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth Century".

I find the similarities to be quite striking. As a bonus speculation, in the end, there are seagulls mentioned, symbolic, of course, and it made me think of Dear Esther.
You're not the only one who thought of that.

Also, From Hell is a masterpiece. The amount of research that went into to comic is mindboggling.

Have you read the From Hell companion?

Let's fight.
Them's fighin' words.
09-14-2013, 04:44 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - by LarryV - 09-14-2013, 04:44 PM
The birth of a new century - by Integria - 09-27-2013, 01:32 AM