Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
General Consensus Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

This seems to be necro posting but whatever. I always assumed that at the end Mandus didn't cut out his heart, rather he took it back. December 28th " Is the only path to redemption to join us together again, to make myself whole, to close the great circle and take that madman into my heart once more - and forgive him, and myself as well."

I guess the end signifies that Mandus takes responsibility for all his mistakes rather than blaming them on the poor, the rich, his children and the Machine as he had all along.

But then again, Mandus is a bad person but everyone was pretty awful back then. As Dan Pinchbeck says in this interview (https://soundcloud.com/the-weaving-knigh...inese-room) "Mandus is awful but there's two levels to it. One because he's had this appalling trauma that he's never recovered from, he's shattered into pieces by the death of his wife, but before this he might have been a kind of thug entrepreneur and that was the mentality of this class of people at the time. If you hate Mandus then you hate the people who gave you Steam Power and Penicillin."
03-21-2014, 02:17 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - by General Consensus - 03-21-2014, 02:17 PM
The birth of a new century - by Integria - 09-27-2013, 01:32 AM