The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.78 Average
Is A Machine For Pigs best suited to a 'mature' audience?
Ossie Offline

Threads: 8
Is A Machine For Pigs best suited to a 'mature' audience?

I've just added another review to the main reviews thread and thought that it in particular was worthy of discussion:

http://www.theweavingknight.com/2013/09/...eview.html

I think that this part of the last paragraph sums things up perfectly (I've put the most important part in bold):

"I cannot in my best judgement recommend a Machine for Pigs to everyone; this is a game that expects and deserves a certain type of audience, not a screaming YouTube generation, but an informed and mature audience. An audience that can understand the underlying literary roots of a Machine for Pigs and the underlying message that the Machine at the centre of this twisted narrative represents."

What do people here think? Is the review too dismissive of what it refers to as "a screaming YouTube generation" or is it spot on? Given the fairly childish negative responses by what appears to be mostly (but perhaps not exclusively) immature people I have to agree with that statement, but is this unfair?

What do YOU think?

(mature replies only please. Smile )
09-12-2013, 05:04 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Is A Machine For Pigs best suited to a 'mature' audience? - by Ossie - 09-12-2013, 05:04 PM