Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average
My main problem with AMFP: Observer vs. Participator
HarshlyCritical Offline

Threads: 2
RE: My main problem with AMFP: Observer vs. Participator

(09-13-2013, 01:17 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: Something I will agree with is that I did think the writing was too poetic...if that was what you were getting at. I feel like many of the notes, messages, or mementos could've served the same message, and might even have been better off being spoken in layman's terms instead of artistic novel talk.

As for the main nature of the thread which is likely pointing out the identity crisis of AMFP in whether it wants to be a visual novel, or a puzzle-driven adventure...I'd say that it indeed is in-arguably a mixture of both types of games. It very well could've been told differently leaning more towards the ADD vibe which would most definitely appeal to more old-time Amnesia fans.

FG, and TCR however decided not to go this route, and go with experimentation to see how well mixing stuff like this together would turn out. As with all experiments it will definitely turn out different for good, or for worse. Some people will seemingly like their stories being told in this different way while others may not.

Yes, the writing being too poetic is a good way to put it. It seemed like showboating. In the context of a video game, I would much rather read something that was written for clarity than something written for showing off prowess.

Anyway, I forgot to mention in the OP that I did enjoy the story, I only had a problem with its execution. Had the story been told with A:TDD's style, I would have hailed it as a much more enjoyable, twisted plot than the first game. Though the way I experienced the story somewhat soured it for me, I can still say afterwards that it was a solid idea. Mandus' descent into the bowels of the Machine to confront his evil deeds... It's a good premise.
09-13-2013, 05:44 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: My main problem with AMFP: Observer vs. Participator - by HarshlyCritical - 09-13-2013, 05:44 AM