Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Your Favorite Games of All Time - (AKA the Throughly Fanboying Thread)
LHudson Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Your Favorite Games of All Time - (AKA the Throughly Fanboying Thread)

*Rubs claws*

Alright, time to toss my very old hat into this very old ring. Send your hatemail here :3

Spoiler below!

The Walking Dead (Season One)

This is the one game I cannot bear to restart playing. It is probably the first game to make me drop down onto the floor and start weeping. Well done characters, great art style, and possibly the most realistic child character I have seen in a game. Can't believe that one of the writers would go on and write After Earth :/

Spoiler below!

Crusader Kings II

ALL HAIL THE GREAT EMPEROR JANUS HUDSON OF BRITANNIA! Big Grin

Spoiler below!

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

This was a game that was impossible to exclude from this list. While other games call itself horror, they never scared me and as a result I stopped playing horror. Friends poked me to try this game saying "No really, it's a really scary game" and while I took that with a massive dose of salt, I realized that they were right. I didn't sleep for a while.

Spoiler below!

Dynasty Warriors 5

In this game you can play as a 3rd century flamboyant army officer who dispatches his enemies using claws. This game is awesomeness on a plate.

Spoiler below!

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Potter fans should pick up this game for the PS2, IT HAS OPEN WORLD EXPLORATION OF HOGWARDS FOR CHRIST SAKE....AND YOU CAN RIDE THE HIPPOGRYPH

Spoiler below!

Spec Ops: The Line

I hated myself after finishing this game. I felt....well.....damn. This game is depressing on a whole new level, telling you that you are a horrible person for almost every second and basically criticisms the conventions of a video game IN a video game.

Spoiler below!

Spyro: Year of the Dragon

My PS1 childhood was wasted on this game, and I am glad of it. It's broken in some areas (like the skateboard minigame), but that is nothing compared to the massive grin I was pulling almost every time I started to play this game

Spoiler below!

Bioshock

A game set under the sea starring Dr Nefarious from Rachet and Clank with big ass robotic monsters? SOLD. The twists and turns of this game and the story is one of the best I have ever played in my life. Shimerman sells the hell out of this game and every element assists the story...now I feel like replaying it.

Spoiler below!

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

Best...soundtrack....ever!

Spoiler below!

Ride to Hell: Retribution

What can I say? It has been game of the year since the very beginning. With it's amazingly well crafted story, excellent voice acting, and the graphical fidelity (Crysis be damned!) And the gameplay helped the story of a veteran being harassed by biker gangs and goes through an emotional turmoil. A true classic for the ages!

1. (For realsies Big Grin)
Spoiler below!

Silent Hill 2

I am really surprised that this game has made no appearance on this list, and you are all going to hell for not playing it. Gameplay complimented the character, fantastic atmosphere even to this day, and a story that should still be held in extremely high regard.

Honorable mentions:
- Bioshock Infinite
- Halo 3
- Crash Bandicoot 2
- Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
- Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
- Dark Souls

[Image: sigpic401029_1.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2013, 06:10 PM by LHudson.)
09-15-2013, 06:08 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your Favorite Games of All Time - (AKA the Throughly Fanboying Thread) - by LHudson - 09-15-2013, 06:08 PM