Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
PiggyPlus Mod Concept - Interactivity, Exploration, Monsters!
wretch Offline

Threads: 4
RE: PiggyPlus Mod Concept - Interactivity, Exploration, Monsters!

(09-17-2013, 12:47 PM)Delirium92 Wrote:
Quote:Interactivity: You'll be able to carry a lot more objects, just like good old The Dark Descent!
Last worked on: Not started

The game isn't intended to be Amnesia: The Dark Descent 2.

This has nothing to do with TDD. The point of returning interactivity is because it's fun and the loss of interactivity is one of the things people are most dissapointed with.

Quote:Exploration: Most of the locked doors are now unlocked and open for exploration.

There's a reason why most of the doors are locked in AMFP.

The point of this mod is to add replay value to people who have beaten the game. Adding exploration is an important part of that.
Quote:More Pig! More Pig!: There will be a few extra monster encounters throughout the game.

Why should there be anymore monster encounters than there already are?

Because right now there are very few monster encounters. Get it? Very. Few.
Quote:Extra Creepy: The beefed up monster encounters will usually place you into a terrifying situation with a dark, creepy atmosphere. The atmosphere will
also gain significant changes outside the monster encounters.

The game is already like that; again, why more encounters?

Exactly, it already is. But there's a bit of changes and improvements to be done.
Quote:More Danger: The pig monster stats will be porked up exponentially, increasing the terror as the monsters now pose a very serious threat. Mandus will no longer regenerate health, relying on an alternate method of healing.

More monsters doesn't mean 'scary' as others have said it would just be annoying and repetitive.

I've already said many times that the monsters encounters won't be brought up to repetitive levels.
Quote:Bug fixes: I will fix whatever bug I am capable of fixing. Expect no more getting stuck or falling out of map Special thanks to everybody who contributes to the "Pigs and the Bugs" topic.

It seems like you'll be adding more bugs with all of the unnecessary changes you'll making to an already good game.

Any bugs that appear due to my mod, I will fix them.
Quote:A few surprises: There will be 2 very special surprises. Maybe even 3! Super vague hint: One of them has something do with inventory. Let's just say I have this "something to do with the inventory" feature completely figured out already.

Why is it so important to have an inventory?

Exactly, it's not. It's not important. When did I ever say it was important to have an inventory?

Quote:Countless of minor changes: One of the many is the old chase theme from ATDD returning, as the new one is silent and does not induce the terror the old one did.
Last worked on: 2013.09.16

So basically you just want to create Amnesia: The Dark Descent 2, even though AMFP is intended to be different.

So basically I don't. Pretty sure bringing back a soundfile from TDD won't make this "The Dark Descent 2"

Quote:the amount of dangerous monster encounters is low, and even then these monsters prove not dangerous enough. Too slow, too easy to outrun. Hiding in rooms, praying the monster won't come, break down the door and eat you, is a thing that no longer exists in AMFP.

That's because AAMFP isn't ATDD.

Of course it's not. I liked TDD's creepy hiding gameplay more than AMFP's, it should be brought back.

Sorry, but I've never seen arguments as weak as yours presented in any of the countless of forums I've been in.
09-18-2013, 08:30 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: PiggyPlus Mod Concept - by PutraenusAlivius - 09-16-2013, 09:41 AM
RE: PiggyPlus Mod Concept - by wretch - 09-16-2013, 09:45 AM
RE: PiggyPlus Mod Concept - by Unearthlybrutal - 09-16-2013, 10:28 AM
RE: PiggyPlus Mod Concept - Interactivity, Exploration, Monsters! - by wretch - 09-18-2013, 08:30 AM