Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
PiggyPlus Mod Concept - Interactivity, Exploration, Monsters!
wretch Offline

Threads: 4
RE: PiggyPlus Mod Concept - Interactivity, Exploration, Monsters!

(09-20-2013, 02:01 PM)Nuits Grace Wrote: Well this is a questionable choice but i'm going to throw my hat into this argument.

Is this going to be a full conversion type thing or literally just adding elements for the sake of adding elements?

Cause:

Why open rooms that are locked? Wouldn't they just be empty and without the details that the rest of the game has?

"YES!!!!!!!!!! Can now explore more in AMFP because of this mod! So many empty rooms that add nothing to the experience!"

As for inventory. Again. What would these do? The game wasn't designed to pick up items so what, you're going to make some items collectable just so you can stare at them at an inventory?

And everyone keeps saying how the creatures were slow but every chase scene (and I do mean chase scene) they caught up to me and got a few hits in so I have no idea what people are talking about. More importantly: adding more encounters to a game focused on psychological horror (ie the sick disturbing shit AND the threat of creatures, not the constant adrenaline kicks) can EASILY destroy the balance of the game. And making the monster encounters more common and harder than they are can lead to frustration and desensitization.

Honestly, I don't know who you are, if you're an experienced modder or not, but your ideas sound too idealistic and not based on the reality of the game.

I've answered the concern about "pointless" rooms a long time ago, but I understand some people might be in a hurry or have other reasons for not searching through several pages. Therefore, I will make a FAQ.
09-20-2013, 08:26 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: PiggyPlus Mod Concept - by PutraenusAlivius - 09-16-2013, 09:41 AM
RE: PiggyPlus Mod Concept - by wretch - 09-16-2013, 09:45 AM
RE: PiggyPlus Mod Concept - by Unearthlybrutal - 09-16-2013, 10:28 AM
RE: PiggyPlus Mod Concept - Interactivity, Exploration, Monsters! - by wretch - 09-20-2013, 08:26 PM